This plugin gives you access to the myCRED Birthdays hook which you can setup to reward / deduct points from your users on their birthday! Supports BuddyPress or websites where the users date of birth is stored as a custom user meta.
The hook will check for birthdays on the first page request each morning. If you think the hook has missed a day, you can always trigger a new check by saving the hooks settings. Clicking on the Save button will force the hook to check for birthdays on the next page load.
If you use BuddyPress profiles, you can create a custom profile field where users enter their date of birth. You can name the field anything you like and use any format. The only requirement is that the field type is set to “Date selector”. This will ensure all fields are properly formatted.
WordPress and a vast majority of plugins store user details a custom user meta in your database. If you have a field setup or your plugin provides a field, enter the meta key’s id. The dates must be stores formatted using Year Month Day
Y-m-d. You can select to store times as well but this will be ignored.
- The plugin is installed just like any other WordPress plugin. You can either upload the unzipped folder to your plugins folder on your server or use the plugin installer in WordPress.
- Enable the plugin.
- Go to the myCRED > Hooks page.
- Enable the hook.
- Select where your users date of birth details are stored.
- Enter the field’s name or meta key id.
- UPDATE – Updated the hook settings styling.
- Initial Release
Frequently Asked Questions
No questions found for this add-on.