Different reward weighting by groups

front page Forums Community Different reward weighting by groups

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  M 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

David Armstrong

Good evening,

I am relatively new to mycred and have searched the forums and github submission for a solution, to no avail.

We have a language course with users divided into different Buddypress Groups based on language level, broadly named A, B, and C.

We want the reward weighting to be different per group, a handicap; so the As earn points faster than the Bs and Bs faster than Cs for the same activities.

An A student gets 1 full point (100%) for an action.
    A B student gets 0.5 of a point (50%) for the same action.
    A C student gets 0.33 of a point (33%) for the same action.

It is a handicap of sorts, for our own reasons, as points leads to rewards (extra video conference attention) and the As need more attention than the Cs.

Where could I do this?

M

Hi David,

From a mathematical point of view and probably from a marketing one as well, it’s better to think about it as boosters rather handicaps, because it’s easier to make and get correct whole numbers with multiplications than with divisions.

Now regarding what you are trying to do, you will need to invest either some time or some money into custom coding.

If you need to hire someone, I am available and I believe it’s something I can help you with.

Cordially, M.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.